This is one of my favourite shirts, given to me from a friend. Has anyone else noticed that English speakers seem to be obsessed with cookie inspired figures of speech?
- tough cookie
- smart cookie
- that's the way the cookie crumbles
- caught with the hand in the cookie jar
- website cookies
- what, do you want a cookie now? (as a sarcastic comment)
- cookie-cutter houses or other things that all look alike.
- come to the dark side: we have cookies.
The only German cookie related figure of speech i can think of is:
- Du gehst mir auf den Keks! (You are stepping on my cookie = you are annoying me)
We Germans are so much fun...